Thursday, November 6, 2008

8th Destination - (Chopaka Grassland)

Today I just visited the Chopaka grassland,

This grassland is located in Canada – West of Osoyoos.
It just took my breath away - but i mean literally... it was boiling hot, because you know it is summer there! Grasslands are known to be VERY hot in summer but to be QUITE cold during winter... Grasslands receive an average of 10 - 30 inches of rain in a normal year.

















And here is something that I learnt today - I learnt that 1/4 of the world is covered in grassland!!! I mean wow... that’s a lot of grass to mow =) the animals that are usually found in grasslands around the world are:
> Dingo > Koala
> Emu > Kangaroo
> Fox > Quokka
> Frilled Lizard > Wombat

















And oh my gosh did these animals scare me! I saw the Frilled Lizard and I nearly pooped my pants!!! I mean here is a picture of it and it looks and looked so nasty - like it's gonna come and EAT YOU ALIVE!

Well that’s about it for today... except to tell you that I had a wonderful day and loved every minute of it!!!

Talk to you tomorrow when I get to visit a VERY big mountain
Luv...
aBie xx oo xx

No comments: