Friday, November 7, 2008

1st Destination - (Hunter Wetlands)

Today I got to visit my first destination...

The Hunter Wetlands... (Shortland - as known by some,) this wetland is located in Australia, NSW, Newcastle. The map below shows it in depth!:

The Hunter Wetlands has previously been so many other thing to so many other people... Well, the Wetlands used to be a rubbish dump, which then turned into being a swamp - and then appeared to be a football field, which then turned into what we know it as today; The Hunter Wetlands!!!

The help of volunteers and workers has turned this 45 hectare space into a wonderful place that many people have enjoyed over the years! (I know I have enjoyed the occasional visit.)

There are many different animals that live in this little magical place; there are 200 types of bird species, frogs, fish, invertebrates and reptiles!
I have had a great day exploring this place.... But I think it is time for me to go and see my next destination - outside of Australia! Hahah =)
Love aBie
xx oo xx oo

No comments: