Thursday, November 6, 2008

9th Destination - (Mount Everest)

I just got to visit the most amazingly incredible place in the universe;
MoUnT EvErEsT...

It was unlike anything that I have ever seen. Well as all of you would know I didn't climb to the very top - Knowing me i'd be DEAD =) but I climbed as much as I could in 1 day, which was satisfying enough for me, I think as it would be for anyone! It was the coldest that I have ever been, I swear I got frostbite of my feet! The average temperature the mountain is known to be is -36'C, but can drop as low as 60'C. July is the warmest month - believed to be around 19'C. The wind can reach up to 80km/h.



(Mount Everest From Space!)


Rain falls during the 'monsoon' / windy seasons. Winter storms occur between December and March. Storms that come not expected can drop as much as 3metres of snow - (10 ft.)
The height of Mount Everest has been believed to be around 8 850m - (29 035 ft,) and apparently scientists have discovered that the Mountain is not quite finished growing just yet!

Now for ALL of those of you who don’t know (and I just know that there are a lot of you, but) Mount Everest is the highest Mountain in the whole wide world! WOW... I know what a shock I bet you didn't see that one coming! =P


I feel that this has just been a great achievement for me and I feel just that much more exited to share this with you!
I'll post another blog tomorrow that I hope you read!
Luv aBie
Xx Oo Xx Oo =)

No comments: