Friday, November 7, 2008

3rd Destination - (Nile River...)

Nile River... well what can I say about this big river!!!

I can tell you heap of information about this river - so I am going to just start at the top.
Firstly I can tell you that the nile river is situated in Egypt, and that it is as long as 6695 km - (4184 miles!) It gets it's name from the Greek word; Nelios - meaning River Valley.
The Nile flows through 9 Countries:

> Uganda > Tanzanian
> Sudan > Rwanda
> Egypt > Burundi
> Zaire > Ethyopia
> Kenya



There are 2 main rivers that flow into the River: The White Nile and the Blue Nile. The Nile River is Fresh water, and as you can see below it is beautiful - it looks clear and very fresh!!!
The Nile Gave the Ancient Egyptians water and soil to live their daily lives in 'Ancient' times. It also gave them some sort of a transportation system!

Here is a picture below of where the river runs - and 1 below that to indicate where it is in the world!






I've got nothing else to report to about this wonderful experience - I think I just told you about everything!!! I'll talk to you tomorrow
Love aBie
xx oo xx oo

No comments: