Friday, November 7, 2008

2nd Destination - (Siberian Tundra) ! ! !

Hi Everyone,

Today I just visited the Siberien Tundra - Which is located in the top of the Northen Hemisphere, covering parts of; Europe, Asia and North America. This Tundra covers almost 20% of the earths space!!!

It is weird... because in the Siberian Tundra Winters are long, but Summers are short! In Winter it gets VERY cold.













The temperatures are below freezing and the ground is covered with snow and ice...=) The Tundra is very windy - it has winds travlling up to 60 miles per hour.
Bare skin can freeze from as little time as 30 seconds!


The plants and animals that have made their marking in the Siberian Tundra are some such as:
> Grasses > Birds
> Fungus > Mammals
> Shrubs > Insects


Most plants live close to the ground - so that they do not get destroyed by the fierce winds. Most of the animals live close to the ground, they also have small arms, tails, legs and ears to kept them from loosing body heat.



I had a great day today exploring the Siberian Tundra - and I hope that you had just as much fun as I did following me throughout my journey!
Luv aBie
xoxox

No comments: